In today's digital centered offices, there are many managed services to help your office run efficiently. However, many businesses often overlook the non-digital aspects. While most tasks are now completed electronically, some still require the use of paper copies, and with paper documents comes the task of managing and maintaining printer and copier fleets. With Managed Print Services (MPS), the burden of maintaining this equipment is removed from busy IT teams, freeing up time and money for businesses to concentrate on more important tasks.
The many benefits of implementing a MPS for your office may surprise you.
When considering if MPS is right for your organization, knowing the answer to these five commonly asked questions may help.
1. What is Managed Print Services?
Managed Print Services is a process improvement for a company's fleet of printers, copiers, fax machines, and other document devices. MPS providers evaluate their customers' current document handling and printing processes and make suggestions on how they can be improved by implementing enhanced strategies. Besides reducing costs, a MPS provider can improve a company's security and reduce its carbon footprint.
MPS is a beneficial service for businesses looking to:
- Relieve their overburdened IT teams of some day-to-day print fleet responsibilities
- Cut costs
- Improve productivity
2. How Can Managed Print Services Help Me Cut Costs?
When implementing a successful Managed Print Service system, costs usually decrease as organizations go through the four phases of implementation. Businesses who make the switch to MPS can reduce print costs by up to 30%. MPS offers your company an all-inclusive service by providing repair, maintenance, and supplies at a predictable monthly price.
If you're on the fence about making the switch to a Managed Print Service, think about your current printing processes and the time your IT department spends on the maintenance of desktop printers instead of focusing on other projects.
While you may think of printers and other document devices as disposable assets, this mindset can cost you more over time. An effective Managed Print Service system will handle all the maintenance needed for your printers, from managing supply costs to determining if it is more cost-efficient to repair or replace equipment.
3. What Happens When I Need Managed Print Service Support?
Managed Print Services is a fully comprehensive solution for your business. Hiring a third-party to manage and maintain your printer fleet means you'll receive the support you need from trained technicians and print specialists that know your unique needs. When you need MPS support, they offer many solutions to solve your problems quickly and efficiently, including:
- Help Desk Phone Support: Talk to the on-call printer and copier experts to conveniently troubleshoot your problem over the phone.
- On-Site Visits: When a problem cannot be solved over the phone, a certified technician will visit your office to make repairs and keep devices operating at optimal performance levels, minimizing downtime in your office.
- Equipment Swap Out: Like all products, printing devices have an end of useful life. Your MPS provider will help determine when repairing a printer doesn't make financial sense and replace it with new equipment. This not only reduces downtime for your office but also ensures you have the latest technology for your printer fleet.
4. Are We Too Small for Managed Print Services to be Effective?
Since printing or scanning documents are necessary for any business, even small businesses can benefit from MPS. All printer fleets are unique, so a trained technician will first do a consultation for your printing needs and help improve your current process. After it has been determined what your business is currently using and how it is being used, the MPS provider will work with you to find the most efficient solution to meet your company's needs.
As a small business owner, you may not always be at the printers or be familiar with the print volume your employees produce, which could be overwhelming your in-house equipment. However, these are important metrics that could be hindering productivity and profits. Small businesses can gain many benefits from implementing Managed Print Services, including:
- Customized printing reports and monitoring
- Optimizing printer fleet for efficient usage
- Receiving recommendations on equipment best for their printing needs
- Staff training for using printing devices, software, and remote printing solutions
5. How Do We Get Started with Managed Print Services?
When partnering with a Managed Print Services provider, they will analyze your printing needs and develop a plan before implementing a more efficient printing process for your office. If you're ready to make the switch to a more efficient printing fleet, contact an MPS provider to learn more.